iMessage “Waiting for Activation” Error: iMessage is one of the main features of iPhone which lets you send a message using your network or cellular data plan. It’s all free of cost and hence it is like by every iPhone lover.
Some of the users are facing one minor problem regarding iMessage. iMessage app is displaying a popup reading “Waiting for activation”. After all the effort users are having no clue whats going on.
So here we are with some troubleshooting tips which can help you to get rid of this problem.
How to Fix iMessage “Waiting for Activation” Error on iPhone:-
iMessage “Waiting for Activation” Error Before we start with the solution to this problem there is some basic stuff which you need to check out before proceeding. Let’s start
- Make sure in your phone app, your number is listed. If not then please first add your number first, you’ll need to go to Settings → Phone → My Number and enter your number.
- Check your date and time. It should be up to date.
- iMessage sends one message from your carrier as they follow there protocol. Make sure you have enough amount in your balance so that one-time charge can be deducted.
Now some advance step to get rid this iMessage popup problem:-
1- Sign out and sign in of Apple Id
iMessage “Waiting for Activation” Error: Sometimes just signing out of your Apple id and then signing in can do wonders for you. To do so by following the below steps-
- Settings → Message, scroll down to where it says ‘Send & Receive’ and tap on it.
- Tap on the Apple ID and then press Sign Out
- Switch off iMessage now.
- Enter your Apple ID details now and try to reactivate iMessage
2- Restart or force restart your iPhone device-
iMessage “Waiting for Activation” Error: If after signing in you are still getting the popup, try to restart or force restart your device. It can help in this case. The main reason behind doing so sometimes your device freezes while activating the service. Rebooting the device can clear up some unwanted memory and making your device to run slowly.
3- Reset your Carrier Settings-
iMessage “Waiting for Activation” Error: Sometimes the problem can be from your carrier side and hence you need to reset the setting to run the service without any error. First, clear all the APN settings
- Go to the Settings > General.
- General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
4- Clear any Restriction if any-
iMessage “Waiting for Activation” Error: Sometimes restriction can force you not to do any modification. So, first of all, disable it if there is any restriction.
- Settings > General > Restrictions > Accounts > Allow Changes (On iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch).
This is the case which has solved this problem. Still, if it has not solved your problem then try the below solution.
5- If nothing works then this can-
iMessage “Waiting for Activation” Error: Updating your device to the latest operating system can be the best solution. If all the solution above has failed to solve your problem then follow the steps.
- Settings → General → Software Update
If in case there is no update available then restoring your device is the last option. Connect your device with iTunes and make sure to restore it.
I hope this article can be of great help to you and this can solve your problem in a flash. Don’t forget to leave down your comment below. Do follow us on various social media website for the latest gigs.